Guidelines for Research Papers
Scientific reports that highlight product development, beta-testing, validation, clinical trials, field trials, qualitative or mixed methods study on assistive technology user experiences, uptake that is driven by data and scientific analysis can be submitted under this category
- The abstracts submitted in this category must contain the following:
- Indicate the type of submission: Research paper
- Title of the study
- Objectives: State the main objective of the study
- Materials and methods: Briefly describe the design of the study and how it was conducted
- Results: Present the main results with appropriate statistics
- Conclusion: Limit the conclusions to those that are directly supported by the results.
- Maximum of 1000 words
- Papers accepted for oral presentation: peer reviewed, non-archived paper submission with talks of about 15 minutes duration
- Papers accepted for poster presentation: peer reviewed, non-archived poster presentation with talks of 5 minutes duration and poster display along with 10-minute short paper presentation.
Conference accepts extended abstracts based on both original work as well as previously published work. Extended abstracts should be limited to a maximum of 1000 words and two printed pages including figures, references etc.
In case of original work, an extended abstract would be reviewed and based on the review outcome, it could be accepted under oral or poster presentation category. Extended abstracts that the reviewer deems suitable for a Paper/manuscript development workshop will be selected. This will be intimated to the authors for their confirmation/ willingness to participate in the workshop. The paper/manuscript development workshop will be conducted by senior researchers in the area of assistive technologies for the authors of accepted extended abstracts. More details will be provided along with the notification of acceptance to such authors.
In case an extended abstract is based on an already published work, then the same should be explicitly mentioned in the submitted extended abstract. Based on the review, such extended abstracts may be included for presentation in the conference.